Back when I opened the “Indoor Antenna Project”, which is still going on, I tested a baseboard ground run around the baseboard of several rooms down by the floor, and indeed it allowed the AMT3000 with my self-wound triangular shaped loading coil tune up to a perfect resonance, except that outside the house the signal only reached the sidewalk.
Tonight I devoted over 10-minutes to changing the ground, by removing the baseboard wire, and grounding the transmitter right below the floor with a clamp attached to the main I-beam that holds up the floor.
The I-beam is electrically grounded to water pipes, furnace ducting and has iron posts holding from the floor.
To tune the thing back up I needed to find a different tap on the coil but now the resonance is back to a peak and tomorrow we will be driving around in search of new footage covered on 1550kHz.
Part 15 radio is just large enough to escape needing a microscope.